Full or Part Time (min. 3 days/week)
DigitalMR is a London based high tech company that uses Artificial Intelligence for Market Research and Customer Insights. Our team uniquely combines the skill-sets of software engineers, data scientists, and market researchers.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to join our team as Junior Administration/Accounting Executive. The successful candidate should be number literate and willing to take on a wide variety of challenges. What we are really looking for in a candidate is not years of professional experience, but rather understanding and a good fit to our company values. We believe that our company values are fundamental to our success and it is essential for every member of the team to share them.
This particular opening stands out in several ways. Firstly, you will be provided with real world challenges and experience; you will deal with real problems and your input will be important at the highest level for the company. You will become a key member of the team, responsible for many of the day-to-day operations; this will enable you to gain a versatile range of skills. Finally, we are a young and friendly bunch, and there is lots of support and encouragement waiting for you.
To thrive in this role you need to have good communication skills, be super organised, and able to prioritize. Besides a good fit with our values, you should not be a stranger to some (if not all) of these skills:
- effective written and spoken communications
- good team player and ability to collaborate with personnel from all levels
- problem solving skills with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- effective organizational skills; good at juggling tasks and prioritizing
- methodical and thorough approach to work
- great attention to detail
- tact and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- ability to stay calm and work under pressure
- desire to show initiative
- reliability and adaptability
- friendliness, politeness, honesty, trustworthiness, and respect
- cultural awareness and sensitivity;
For an eager candidate we are willing to provide as much responsibility as he/she is ready to handle in order to grow personally and professionally. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include:
- entering data into Xero accounting software
- recording and monitoring expenses, raising monthly invoices, scheduling payments
- liaising with HMRC and other government bodies, submitting monthly PAYE
- ensuring organisational effectiveness, efficiency, and smooth running of an office; organizing and coordinating administrative activities, office operations and procedures
- opening the office each morning and answering and forwarding phone calls
- organizing business travel, meetings and appointments
- meeting and greeting clients and other visitors to the office
- reviewing and approving supply requisitions
- drafting commercial, staff, or other legal documents
- liaising and negotiating with office suppliers, debtors, and creditors
- assisting in government grant administration, preparing financial forecasts and submitting quarterly claims
- contributing to financial planning activities
If you have any experience with accounting or even a related degree and wish to apply for this position, please use the form below, and don’t forget to tell us why you think you are an excellent fit with our company values and what you have achieved to date that is unique and you are proud of.