Harnessing web-based technology to improve market research delivery is what we are all about at DigitalMR. One area of research that we feel has benefited greatly from advances in technology is online qualitative research.
When speed is of the essence, the technology behind online qualitative allows for live recording of video/audio/typed comments with automatic transcription a few minutes after the focus group is over.
Online qualitative research can be run in conjunction with social media monitoring (web listening) or any other research, which leads to other benefits. You can leverage online research communities and panels to provide sample for online focus groups, and by re-contacting sample, make research programmes ongoing. By conducting “longitudinal research” you can develop a better relationship with respondents over time, gaining a far deeper understanding of their needs.
Here is a list of qualitative online research methods that we use:
- Online focus group discussions with 6-10 respondents using the unique DigitalMR chat room platforms and processes for more data - faster . You can collect 2-3 times more data than with traditional focus group discussions.
- Think Tanks for co-creation. You can now expand your marketing department by several hundred advisors who are the people who actually buy your products and services.
- Online in-depth interviews using audio and video.
- Bulletin board asynchronous discussions with 15-25 respondents. This is a facilitated discussion over a period of one to two weeks or on an on-going basis, providing you the benefits of an online customer advisory board.
- For deep consumer insights and consumer driven product innovation DigitalMR provides the service of Netnography (Ethnography Online). A faster, cheaper and better way than traditional Ethnography, DigitalMR can collect observational information combined with commentary from respondents using online video diaries via web cam.
- Stimuli evaluation. The research participants can evaluate online press or billboard advertisements, webpages, video clips and other marketing collateral for your brands. Software and screenshot testing?
For all the above methods the participants can be recruited on an ad-hoc basis or they can be members of an online community of 100-500 members (recruited and administered by DigitalMR) who regularly engage in conversations about our clients brands, products and services.